It’s funny to write a presentation article after more than 6 years of blogging, isn’t it? And yet I feel like it’s the right time. Many of you come to visit this blog every month, mainly because you found it in your Google searches but also because I shared an article in a Facebook group or because you follow me on my social medias. If you follow me on Instagram (if it is not the case yet, come on, I promise you we have fun there) you live my Canadian adventure every day and you probably already know a lot about it. But if you’re new here’s an article to put you in context and share some key information with you, enjoy reading!
Who am I ?
My name is Astrid, I’m 32 years old, I’m from the South East of France, from a small village in the Ardèche near Valence. In 2014 I took a plane to Toronto with a one year PVT in my pocket and the idea of learning English. At the end of this first year I returned to France and I came back to Toronto 18 months later! After having completed my 2 WHPs (yes it is possible for people who had a one-year WHP only before 2015), I got my permanent residency in April 2019.
What do I do in Toronto ?
I’m currently a blogger, freelance consultant, I lead workshops and I’m also a video consultant. To learn more about my academic and professional background before and since Canada, please read this article!
Blog posts to read about life in Toronto:
- Permanent residency application in Ontario
- The Guide to the Newcomers to Toronto
- Cost of Living in Toronto
- Bridge visa application
- What to do in Toronto ?
- Love relationships Canada vs France
- How to become freelance in Canada
- Looking rich in Toronto on a budget
- Administrative steps when you move to Canada
- Medical guide in Toronto
- How to do your Canadian taxes
- 6 tips to improve your English
- My tips to survive the Canadian winter
- Holidays in Canada
- Life in Toronto vs others Canadian cities (collaboration with others bloggers)
- Happy 5th anniversary
- Layoff North American style or how you can loose your job in 15 mins
Videos to watch about my experience in Toronto
- “Je réponds à vos questions sur mes 6 ans au Canada“
- ” Les questions qu’on me pose le plus souvent sur ma vie à Toronto“
- My series “Live in Canada”, in French but you can turn on English subtitles, I talk about “Why I moved to Toronto“, “my visa journey“, “My english level when I arrived” and more !
More videos on my YouTube channel.
Podcasts where you can hear me:
- Let’s chatte – my story about pyelonephristis (kidney infection) and my bladder surgery, I also tell you more about it in this article. Listen here (French).
- French Expat le podcast – my immigration journey, from decision making, to visas, to leaving for Canada. Advice for those who would like to live a similar adventure. Listen here (French).
- The New to Canada Podcast – I tell my story, why I came to Toronto, what I learned from the experience, and much more. Listen here (English).
- Make The Cut – I talk about my experience as a content creator for Toronto’s sports teams. Listen to the episode here (English)
- Whirlwind – cross interview with my little sister, we talk about moving to Canada, our relationship as teenagers and now as adults. Listen to the episode here (French)
Videos where I am invited to talk about my experience:
- Théo Belnou – I’m answering Theo’s questions about my life in Toronto by taking you to some of my favourite places. Watch here fFrench).
Articles where I am invited to share my experience:
More post in the Press section