At the general request I share this simple and delicious recipe of gluten-free coconut cookies! I am almost expert in cookies, last year I lifted the veil on a secret very well kept since 2010 by publishing the recipe of the cookies by Astrid. Today I decided to reveal the secrets of someone else: the coco cookies of Marlene (Yes this Marlene there)! Ready?
For about thirty cookies (on average, depending on the size) you will need:
- 100 grams of rice flour.
- 100 grams of coconut flour.
- 80 grams of cornstarch.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- 160 grams of coconut oil.
- 250 grams of coconut sugar.
- 1 egg yolk.
- 1 whole egg.
- Chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius (380 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Add the ingredients in order.
- Mix it all together.
- Mix with your little hands and try to distribute the chocolate chips.
- Shape balls the size you want, knowing that the cookies don’t not spread much, but in doubt leave space between them. I prefer to make them smaller to have more, but it’s everyone’s tastes!
- Place the cookies on the plate, add chocolate chips on top for the aesthetic side (this way they look like the perfect cookies) but also for the gourmet side!
- Bake them between 7 and 9 minutes depending on how you like them. If you are like me to chain the batchs think about decreasing the time when the oven is really hot. A cookie will always come out soft from the oven (unless it is crammed well-on and will harden when cooled)
Whether gluten intolerant or not this recipe will make all gourmands happy (except my brother, professional taster of his state who does not like coconut, no one is perfect I guess 😉 )
Bon appétit !