Zucchini is the vegetable that can be eaten for miles and one way, alone, accompanied, in the pan, steamed, baked (I continue or you know what I’m talking about?). I had ricotta that I had left of my last spinach ricotta cannelloni and apart from using it for this recipe I’m not used to integrate it to my kitchen so I did some search, mixed 2-3 info and here I am with my first ricotta zucchini pie which was delicious! You are hungry ? It’s good!
For the dough:
- 250 gr of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 80 ml of oil or melted butter (I use olive oil)
- 100 ml hot water
- 1 zucchini
- 160 gr of ricotta
- 2 eggs
- some basil leaves (for garnish and for decoration)
- a quarter of onion (according to the tastes) (to keep some for the decoration)
For the dough:
Super easy guys! As simple as known, or known as simple Tupperware Express Pie! It must now be 2-3 years since I buy more ready-made dough. We do not find in Canda but they are square so finally it suits me to do it myself and it’s super simple!
- Put the ingredients in order in a salad bowl that can be closed.
- Close and shake vigorously horizontally then vertically (5-6 times each).
- Tadaaam the dough is ready to be spread
- Cut the zucchini into a thin slice and cook them until they become translucent.
- Mix eggs, ricotta, chopped basil, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Spread the filling on the dough.
- Arrange the zucchini slices on the filling.
- Add some pieces of onion for decoration.
- Put 30 minutes in the oven.
- Ready to taste!
I would like to test it with a puff pastry I think the taste will be even better but I did not have it at hand. It’s harder to find here than in France.
Tell me what you thought about it.
Bon appétit !