You may not all be very familiar with quinoa but it’s an important part of my food for almost 3 years. For people like me who eat very little or no meat is a good source of protein (among other benefits). Easy and fast to cook it is a good alternative to pasta for example. This summer I tested a veggie burger with a quinoa steak, loved it and could not imagine it was so easy to replicate at home. I was also looking for a consistent alternative for my meals, something more solid (world champion if you understood my idea there .. worse explanation of the story of the explanation). All that to say that today we make cakes / steaks of quinoa because after having tested 2 different recipes I found one that will feast you!
For these steaks you will need:
- 200 grams of quinoa
- 1 leek
- 1 onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 spoon of flour
- Salt and pepper
You can also do them without leek and turmeric as I did the first time but it will take a very seasoned accompaniment to enhance the taste.
- Cook the quinoa in a saucepan with its double the volume of cold water for 20 minutes when boiling. You should see a kind of eye in the middle of the grain that tells you that it’s quite cooked. Once cooked, let it cool for a while.
- Sauté the leeks in a drizzle of olive oil. Keep them aside.
- Fry the onion in a drizzle of olive oil.
- Pour the quinoa into a salad bowl, add leeks, onion, 2 eggs and turmeric. Mix.
- Add the tablespoon of flour. Mix.
- Shape patties / steaks in a pan.
- Cook for a few minutes, turn around.
- It’s ready !
Easy and fast recipe that heats up very well! Good idea for lunch at work;)
Bon appétit !