Yes you read that I dared to put a cheese in the title of a recipe while living in Canada. Everybody knows that here cheese is an expensive commodity, that we reduce our consumption and keep this pleasure for the big occasions (to you to define great opportunities .. you know me I am hyper positive so I can make of n any positive thing a great opportunity .. succeed in making my laces the first shot, knowing how to count 2 by 2 .. if you did not enter the reference click here). Rare and expensive more reasons not to waste it if there is a little left after the great opportunity. Ready to cook in recycling mode?
For a cake you will need:
- 200 grams of flour (usually I make half full half white is better)
- 2 medium zucchini
- 3 eggs
- cheese (I used blue)
- 10 cl of milk (I put some vegetable milk but everything is ok)
- 5cl of olive oil
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- salt pepper
- herbs of Provence
When I made the photos I tested to add seeds, for infos I mi:
- chia seeds
- squash seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- Fry the zucchini cut into small cubes in a little olive oil.
- Add the herbes de Provence and sauté for about ten minutes.
- In a salad bowl add flour and yeast. Form a well.
- In a bowl beat the eggs, salt, pepper, milk and olive oil.
- Pour the mixture in the center of the well into the bowl.
- Mix and incorporate the flour little by little.
- When the mixture is homogeneous, add zucchini and cubed cheese.
- Mix and add to the seeds if desired.
- Pour into a buttered cake tin.
- Put in the oven for about 40 minutes. Check the cooking with a knife.
It is an easy recipe, fast and especially that can be kept several days. Convenient when you want to prepare your lunch in advance to take him to work!
Bon appétit you tell me how you like it!