And now Christmas is behind us, I’m not a big fan of this celebration, a little over the commercial aspect, I learned to detach myself from this social pressure to have the most and the best gifts possible to refocus me on the essential: spend a good time with people you love. I spent the day cooking, I love it! Let’s go back to our gourmet Christmas party!
Black olive tapenade:
Preparation: 15 minutes
- a can of olives pitted
- 2 spoons of olive oil
- lemon juice
- garlic (to be adjusted according to taste).
- Drain the olives and rinse well to remove the salt.
- Pour the olives into the blinder, add the garlic, the olive oil and the lemon.
- If the texture is too thick and difficult to mix add olive oil.
You can prepare the tapenade in advance since you can keep it in jars of jam (recycle!) In the fridge. Do not salt the preparation if you use olives in boxes, they are already very salty.
Super fast eggplant caviar:
Preparation: 25 minutes
- 2 large aubergines
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Peel the eggplant and cut the aubergines into cubes.
- Put the eggplants in a bowl with a bottom of water in the microwave for 12 minutes.
- Drain and crush them.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything and enjoy! Adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
I had done way too much, I froze some, I used another part as sauce for pasta.
Preparation: 1 hour
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 puff pastries
- cheese of your choice (here I had Boursin) or any filling
- an egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / 350 degrees F
- Spread the puff pastry and cut into strips in one direction (the width depends on the desired size of your puff pastry). Cut the band into 3 parts.
- Spread the cheese on the dough and roll the dough to make a small pudding.
- Arrange the small sausages on a baking sheet.
- Brush with egg yolk to brown.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
Preparation: 1 hour
Cooking time: 5 hours
- 1 turkey
- 3 slices of bread
- olive oil
- A very small container that goes in the oven (to put in the turkey)
- First, clean the turkey.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl mash 3 slices of bread crumbs in the milk with a little olive oil, salt, pepper. Mix everything with your hands.
- Cut the onions, garlic and shallot: arrange inside and around the turkey.
- Place a square of butter and milk in the small container, place it inside the turkey.
- Use the breadcrumb mixture to beat the turkey.
- Put in the oven for 5 hours, keep an eye on it and water the turkey every hour.
Bon appétit !